Why join ASLM?
Be part of a global Lifestyle Medicine movement that is reframing our understanding of health and wellbeing and tackling chronic disease and conditions relating to lifestyle, society, environment and other factors.
Lifestyle Medicine is not just multidisciplinary. It requires a multiple systems approach to address the lifestyle-related and chronic disease problem, at levels including government policy, primary prevention, primary and secondary care, education, community, and of course public awareness.
Your subscription will support our work to position Lifestyle Medicine as central to clinical practice, healthcare and health policy.
Be part of a professional Society that
- Has strong and proactive leadership and management
- Has an inspiring vision and mission to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians and New Zealanders
- Has a largely flat membership structure reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of Lifestyle Medicine
- Works closely with sister organisations around the world in a cohesive and effective Lifestyle Medicine movement
- Represents and advocates for Lifestyle Medicine across all areas of policy, healthcare and clinical practice
- Works closely with the Lifestyle Medicine Foundation (a registered health promotion charity) to develop major initiatives
- Offers Endorsement for courses, programs, services and products that exemplify and promote Lifestyle Medicine
- Convenes an annual multidisciplinary international Lifestyle Medicine conference
- Offers a multidisciplinary Fellowship in Lifestyle Medicine
- Offers Board Certification in Lifestyle Medicine
Individual members benefit from
- Access to member-only resources on the ASLM website
- Access to a third party database valued at $300 p.a., containing monographs of foods, herbs and supplements, effectiveness checkers, interactions, depletions, symptoms and adverse events checkers, patient handouts and continuing education
- Access to an online community of like-minded professionals for networking, collaboration, peer support and mentoring (coming soon)
- Member only email newsletters containing features, issues, news, research and events
- Email bulletins of important and breaking news as it happens
- A Professional Profile listing on the ASLM website if desired – similar to ‘find a practitioner’ on other websites – full members only (coming soon)
- Discounts on education, training and events offered by ASLM and partner organisations
- Support for our members in respect of their practice of/development in Lifestyle Medicine
Organisation members benefit from
- Being publicly identified as a supporter of Lifestyle Medicine
- Access to consult with the peak Lifestyle Medicine organisation in Australasia
- Sharing of strategic, promotional and in-kind opportunities as appropriate
- An announcement in our EDM (approx 9500 circulation) and via our Facebook page
- A listing on the page of Round Table members (logo, 50-100 words, link)
- Promotion via our website, EDM and Facebook at editorial discretion
We warmly invite you to be part of an energetic, resourceful and creative multidisciplinary society of medical doctors, allied health practitioners, health policy professionals, educators and researchers advancing Lifestyle Medicine.