Do you want to gain a comprehensive understanding of Lifestyle Medicine, and develop the necessary skills to apply Lifestyle Medicine principles for the management and treatment of chronic diseases in clinical and community settings?
Avondale College of Higher Education is the only Australian institution that offers tertiary pathways in Lifestyle Medicine. What’s more, their courses are designed by pioneers in Lifestyle Medicine, and are taught by highly qualified lecturers who are research active in the field.
About Avondale College
Both courses are available to those with a bachelor-level degree in any discipline, but are of special interest to:
- Exercise physiologists
- Community health workers
Areas of study include:
- Lifestyle Medicine – past, present, future
- Food as medicine
- Determinants of chronic disease
- Psychosocial factors in Lifestyle Medicine and health
- Exercise as medicine
- Processes in Lifestyle Medicine and health promotion
- Physiological underpinnings of chronic disease
- Lifestyle Medicine for specific populations
Some features of Avondale’s postgraduate courses in Lifestyle Medicine include:
- Study online, which gives you the flexibility to fit study around your work, family and lifestyle commitments
- Enter degree via any bachelor degree – you don’t need a health background
- Courses are designed by pioneers in Lifestyle Medicine and are taught by highly qualified lecturers who are research active in this field
It is worth noting that Avondale’s postgraduate courses in Lifestyle Medicine are recognised as pathways to becoming a Fellow of the ASLM.