Call for Presentations
Please note that the call for presentations has closed.
Would you like to present at Lifestyle Medicine 2020? Do you have something important to share relevant to one of the conference streams, or to Lifestyle Medicine in particular? There are limited opportunities to speak in one of Lifestyle Medicine 2020’s concurrent streams (typically a 20, 30, or 40-minute talk), or to present in a workshop session (typically in a shared 90 minute or 2-hour session). It may also be possible to present an entire 2-hour workshop session (usually with two presenters).
The Call for Presentations is specifically designed for clinicians, researchers, or public health professionals, to showcase their application of Lifestyle Medicine with their peers.
In particular, we invite clinicians and professionals who have innovative and inspiring examples of Lifestyle Medicine in practice to share, either within their clinic or within their community.
- Call for presentations: Closes 29 November 2019
What topics are we interested in?
For Lifestyle Medicine 2020 presentations, we are particularly interested in topics which fall into the following categories:
- Cognition – Neuroscience, healthy ageing and dementia
- Inflammation – Immunology, allergy and autoimmune conditions
- Cardiometabolic – Obesity, CVD and metabolic conditions
In addition, a number of 90 minute to 2-hour workshop-style sessions will be included through the conference program. Please if you would be interested in presenting a workshop, either collaboratively or singularly, on:
- Health coaching in clinical practice
- Future of practice – Lifestyle Medicine innovations in various settings
- Origins of health (the first 1000 days)
- Dietary approaches to prevent and manage chronic disease
- Lifestyle Medicine in social and environmental contexts
- Indigenous health
- Exercise science and physical activity
- Social prescribing
- Culinary medicine
About the assessment process
The call for presentations is highly competitive. Applications will be assessed by the Conference committee against the following criteria:
- The standing of the presenter in their field and suitability to present to the expected audience
- The extent to which the content is new, original, innovative or important
- The scientific, academic and/or clinical rigour of the work
- The extent to which the content addresses the themes of the conference
It is important to note that in selecting presentations, the committee needs to consider many aspects of programming the Conference, such as the learning objectives for each session, the mix of topics being presented, the mix of speakers (multidisciplinary), presentation style, gender balance, and many other factors. As a result, please be aware that if your presentation is not accepted, this is very unlikely to be a reflection on the importance or quality of your work.
Instructions for presentation submissions
To be considered as a presenter for Lifestyle Medicine 2020, please email an outline of your presentation (title, 200-300 word blurb or abstract and references) to . Submissions which include video examples of previous presentations will be highly regarded.
While not required upon submission, the Conference committee may additionally request a copy of the Powerpoint slides (or similar) you wish to present.
Successful applicants will receive complimentary registration to attend Lifestyle Medicine 2020. Travel and accommodation not included.