Call for abstracts
Submissions are invited for oral abstract and poster presentations that represent original and new, important or relevant science, research, clinical application or public health relating to one or more of the themes of Lifestyle Medicine 2020, or relevant to the field of Lifestyle Medicine generally.
Click here to make a submission.
- Round 1 (oral abstracts and poster presentations): Closes 6 September
- Round 2 (posters only): Closes 8 November
Who should apply?
- Scientists and researchers
- Post-graduate students and research fellows
- Medical practitioners
- Other healthcare practitioners
- Public health professionals
As decided by the Scientific Committee, the following two awards will be presented during the closing plenary session of Lifestyle Medicine 2020:
- Best Oral Abstract – for the best oral abstract presentation
- Best Poster Presentation – for the best poster presentation
About the submission process
The call for abstracts is a competitive process. Abstracts received will be de-identified before being assessed and ranked against selection criteria drawn up by the scientific committee including:
- The extent to which the content relates to the themes of the conference or is relevant to the field
- The extent to which the abstract represents new, original, innovative or important research
- The scientific, academic and/or clinical rigour of the work
Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to present either:
- A poster. Posters will be displayed on boards in an allocated area for the duration of the conference.
- An oral abstract with accompanying Powerpoint presentation within a concurrent stream (10-minute duration). Oral presenters may also present a poster if desired.
Instructions for abstract submissions
To be considered as an oral or poster presenter for Lifestyle Medicine 2020, please submit your abstract, along with the Submission Form, to . Please note that all abstract submissions must be accompanied by the official Submission Form. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned.
Format specifications for abstract submissions are also available below.
- All abstracts must be presented by one of the listed abstract authors.
- Any costs of presenting (including conference registration, travel and accommodation) are the responsibility of the presenter, except where a student scholarship may cover certain costs.
- Submission of an abstract confers permission to publish it in the official conference app.
- Poster presenters are required to bring their poster to the conference venue with them, and will be advised of the time and date by which posters should be displayed.
- Poster presenters are required to stand near their posters during allocated poster viewing times across the weekend to engage with conference delegates
- On receiving notification of acceptance, poster presenters must register to attend the Main Conference (Saturday & Sunday).
A number of Student Scholarships are available to eligible undergraduate and postgraduate students to receive a complimentary registration to Lifestyle Medicine 2020.
Eligible applicants include medical students, GP/hospital registrars, science and research students, public health students, and students of allied health disciplines.
Students wishing to be considered for a Student Scholarship are required to submit an abstract or original piece of work (between 1500 – 2500 words) to the Conference committee. Suitable original pieces include articles, case studies or discussions that address one or more of the conference themes. Please note that all applications must be accompanied by the official Submission Form for abstracts and scholarships. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be returned.